Average Adult Size:
- 2mm – 3mm.
- Commonly occurring pest within stored food products,
- Potential to lead to large infestations & food contamination.
- Egg, Larva, Pupa, Adult,
- Females on average produce 60 eggs on contaminated food sources,
- Has ability to penetrate foods outer packaging,
- Adults live on average 4 – 6 weeks.
- Found worldwide,
- Commonly found in warmer climates (e.g. House with excessive central heating usage),
- Primary food source is cereal / grain based foods,
- Can also be found in birds’ nests & surrounding debris.
- Chemical intervention,
- Changes to habitat.