Average Adult Size:
- 20mm – 30mm.
- Possible stings to humans however these are rarely experienced unless threatened.
- Egg, Larva, Pupa, Adult,
- On average the queen will produce 80-100 eggs per colony,
- Average lifespan of around 12 months.
- Varied colourations & markings
- (inc. yellow & black banding, yellow & white banding & orange & black banding)
- Colony is usually egg shaped & waxy in small yellow clusters tended to by worker bees,
- Colonynormally occurs in early spring time,
- Can be found in both natural & man made cavities of buildings,
- Can effect both domestic & commercial properties.
- Pest is generally left alone if posing a low risk to humans,
- Can be controlled by chemical treatment,
- Pest can also be relocated if required.