Average Adult Size:
- 3-9 mm subject to position in the colony
- Causing spoilage of food source and burrow through mortar and brick work
- Infestations can generally occur in both domestic & commercial premises,
- Also causing distress when summer flight occurs or when they are investigating surroundings for food.
- Egg, Larva, Cocoon, Adult,
- Females can lay in excess of 4000 eggs and can live 15 years,
- Found UK and Europe.
- Mating on the warmest summers days
- Normally found around fabric of buildings & under slabs ,
- Become active during summer or when disturbed and foraging for food.
- Chemical treatment,
- Changes to habitat and proofing.