Average Adult Size:
- Possible transmission of diseases,
- Potential to transmit pathogens,
- Possible contamination of food sources.
- Egg, Nymph, Adult,
- Eggs are carried on the female within an oothica casing with an average of 32 eggs per oothica,
- Nymphol stage of pest will moult 5-7 times over a 2-6 month period before reaching adulthood,
- Average adult lifespan is 6 months with females producing up to 5 oothica casings within this time.
- Primarily a nocturnal pest,
- Pest prefers humid conditions but can survive in colder climates,
- Pest can normally be found close to a water source,
- Good climbers on most surfaces,
- Once within a structure pest is fast spreading throughout,
- Can effect both domestic & commercial properties.
- Chemical treatment over a specific time scale,
- Proactive cleaning regime.