Average Adult Size:
- 470mm (from nose to tail),
- Structural damage to property’s,
- Damage to items stored in roof spaces,
- Can cause damage to trees &saplings,
- Transference of parasites.
- Pest has 2 breeding seasons – February to March & June to July,
- Average litter size of 3-4 young,
- Young weaned at 10 weeks,
- Young generally leave dray August to September.
- Can be found in both domestic & commercial properties.
- Prevalent in roof voids,
- Tell-tale sign noticeable noises at daybreak (thumping, scratching & gnawing),
- Droppings found in various shapes from cylindrical to clusters.
- Chemical treatment,
- Proofing& building maintenance.