Average Adult Size:
- 7mm – 10mm.
- Commonly occurring pest within structures scavenging on protein rich food or animal carcass,
- Potential to lead to large infestations in multiple occupancy buildings like flats.
- Egg, Larva, Pupa, Adult,
- Larva is normally seen around wall and floor junctions foraging for food debris.
- Commonly reported as being seen in sheltered areas on evenings.
- Found worldwide,
- Member of the skin feed family of beetle known as Dermestes
- Primary food source is protein based
- Can also be found in bird and animal nests or surrounding debris.
- Chemical intervention,
- Changes to habitat and good house keeping.