Average Adult Size:
- Possible transmission of diseases,
- Possible contamination of food sources,
- Commonly found within animal housings & refuse areas.
- Egg, Larva, Pupa, Adult,
- The female usually lays several batches of eggs (with up to 150 eggs in each batch),
- Eggs usually hatch over a period of 48 hours,
- Lifespan on pest is dependent upon climate & food sources.
- Pest has black stripes on thorax with grey & black markings on abdomen,
- Pest can be found worldwide,
- Extremely capable flyers that can travel for a large number of miles,
- Pest reproduces within animal faeces & other rotting organic matter,
- Chemical treatment,
- Changes to conditions.