Average Adult Size:
- 15 mm.
- Commonly occurring pest within stored food larders, Old bird nests,
- Potential to lead to food contamination if a food store is affected.
- Egg, Larva, Pupa, Adult,
- Has ability to migrate into structure from bird nests,
- Found worldwide,
- Commonly larva are used as food for pets
- Primary food source is cereal / grain based foods,
- Can be found in birds’ nests & surrounding debris.
- Chemical intervention,
- Changes to habitat and sources in infested food removed.