Average Adult Size:
- 170mm (from nose to tail).
- Pathogen / bacteria transmission,
- Spoilage of food stocks,
- Damage to soft furnishings,
- Can also cause damage to wiring, plumbing & structural fabric of buildings.
- Born, weaned at 3 weeks,
- Sexually mature at 3-4 months,
- Females can have several litters consisting of 5-6 young,
- Will perish on average of 12 months.
- Widely recognised pest in the United Kingdom,
- All season pest,
- Can effect both domestic & commercial properties,
- Happy to coexist in close proximity to humans,
- Primarily found within the fabric of buildings,
- Commonly active nocturnally or in low light areas but can be active in daylight when hunting for food,
- Tell-tale sign of problem: excess droppings around effected areas,
- Droppings are normally 3-7mm long with up to 80 droppings in a 24 period,
- Needs very little water to survive,
- Chemical intervention,
- Proofing & building maintenance.