Average Adult Size:
- 0.5 – 1.5mm (dependent on species)
- Can cause damage to & spoilage of food stock,
- Can on occasion cause allergic reactions in humans.
- Egg, Larva, Nymph, Adult,
- The female produces an average of 500 eggs over a period of 1 month,
- Pest has an average lifespan of 12 – 18 months.
- Pest is part of the arachnid family,
- Pest prevalent in humid & moist conditions,
- Pest feeds upon mould growth sometimes occurring in stored food sources,
- Pest found throughout Europe,
- Can effect both domestic & commercial properties.
- Specialist Chemical treatment,
- Environmental changes.