Average Adult Size:
- Possible transmission of diseases,
- Potential to transmit pathogens,
- Possible contamination of food sources.
- Egg, Larva, Pupa, Adult,
- Femaleslay eggs an average of 100 eggs in moist or fermenting materials (e.g. fungi, silt, sludge or algae)
- Eggs will hatch from 16 days to 140 days dependent upon conditions,
- Females can birth up to 8 generations of young in a 12 month period.
- Pest can be found in a number of places such as drains, waste pipes or sewer runs,
- Composting materials with damp conditions make an ideal breeding ground,
- Can effect both domestic & commercial properties.
- Chemical treatment,
- Environmental changes.