Average Adult Size:
- In excess of 470mm (from nose to tail).
- Pathogen / bacteria transmission,
- Damage to & spoilage of food stock,
- Damage to soft furnishings,
- Can also cause damage to wiring, plumbing & structural fabric of buildings.
- Born, weaned at 3 weeks,
- Sexually mature at 3-4 months,
- Females can have several litters consisting of between 6-12 young,
- Will perish on average of 12 months.
- Widely recognised pest worldwide,
- Can effect both domestic & commercial properties,
- Commonly active nocturnally or in low light areas but can be active in daylight when hunting for food,
- Droppings are normally 12mm long & spindle shaped with up to 40 droppings in a 24 period,
- Happy to coexist in close proximity to humans,
- Chemical intervention,
- Environmental changes.