Average Adult Size:
- 2.4mm – 3mm.
- Commonly occurring pest within stored food products,
- Potential to lead to large infestations & food contamination.
- Egg, Larva, Pupa, Adult,
- Females lays egg on contaminated food sources,
- Has ability to infest large amounts of food source.
- Adults live on average 6– 10 months.
- Found worldwide,
- Primary food source is cereal / grain based foods,
- Can also be found in domestic premises in some food products .
- Chemical intervention,
- Changes to habitat and the removal of contaminated items.