Average Adult Size:
- 3mm – 4mm.
- Contamination of chosen food source,
- Can cause spoilage to food products,
- Hard to detect until pest reaches adulthood.
- Egg, Larva, Pupa, Adult,
- Females can produce up to 350 eggs over a 9 month period,
- Most recognisable feature is a prominent snout,
- Adults can live up to 1 year without treatment.
- Widely recognised pest within the United Kingdom,
- Can effect both domestic & commercial food storage areas,
- Larva stage generally occurs within chosen food source.
- Chemical control,
- Environmental changes.