Average Adult Size:
- A nuisance pest that raises issues of cost & personal injury due to damage of wooden items within the structure of the property.
- Egg, Larva, Pupa, Adult,
- Females lay their eggs in the chosen timber withinsmall cracks or holes after approx. 3 weeks the 1mm long larva bore internally thought the wood for 3-4 years then as the pets grow to about 7 mm they prepare to pupate near the surface and then emerging as adult,
- The insects can cause structural weakness in cases effecting floor boards that could endanger residents,
- Could have a large financial impact if attacking expensive or antique wooden items,
- Can effect both domestic & commercial properties.
- Chemical treatment,
- Environmental changes.